Maybe your business is struggling to be visible in Google Maps, or it cannot be found anywhere in Google Local 3-Pack. If that’s your case, then you need some Google Maps Marketing and local search engine optimization services, as they can assist in maximizing your company’s search exposure.
Local search engine optimization services for Google Maps
Optimization services, particularly services designed for Google Maps marketing, have become an essential part of local SEO. Ranking at the top of the Google Maps listing—that is both in Google Maps, and local 3-pack is very valuable for businesses marketing to local audiences. One thing about local Maps SEO is that it directs highly qualified traffic to any type of business. Because of this, Google maps optimization has turned out to become one of the most powerful and effective investments in local SEO marketing.
So, what’s the marketing value of Google Maps?
Google SERPs usually show local maps listings depending on the location of the user, as well as keyword research. For instance, if you search “Chinese food Florida,” Google will show that user results that are geographically-relevant to the local map. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are based in Florida—since you used a geo-modifier in the keyword search query, Google will give you results based on the location you used.
What are the ranking factors for Google Maps SEO?
There are several factors that come into play when it comes to Google locals maps SEO or even optimizing a business to display in the local 3-pack. Some of these factors are a bit unique when compared to traditional organic SEO. The following are some of the key ranking factors that affect Google local maps SEO.
- If or not, the company has verified its Google My Business page (GMB).
- The total volume and average rating reviews on the GMB Local page.
- How well is the company’s GMB page populated and optimized?
- The accuracy and volume of “citations” or the mentions of the business’ name, phone number, and address on different web listings like Facebook, Yelp, LinkedIn, and YellowPages, among other listings.
- The business’ proximity to the centermost point of the geo-target or city.
- The domain authority of the business’ website.
- How the citation appears on the business’ website, and whether or not it’s well linked to the business’ GMB page.
These are some of the key factors that affect a business’ local maps SEO, as well as getting it ranked in the local 3-pack. For a Google Maps SEO strategy to be effective when it comes to the marketing strategies of a local business, it must be well-planned and well-executed.
Reasons why your business needs Google Maps Marketing
Today, the use of mobile internet is on the rise, which has also increased the need and relevancy for Google Maps marketing for all businesses. But, despite this, why do you still need Google Maps marketing for your business? Here are 4 reasons.
- The digital environment today involves lots of mobile use, as close to 80% of all internet users own a smartphone.
- Over 50% of all Google searches are done with mobile devices, and these searches are done with the intention of searching for a local business, information, service, or product.
- Google Maps mainly feature on mobile devices for users who are searching for local solutions. Because of this, Google Maps Marketing provides amazing marking exposure for any business.
- Today, Google search focuses on local searchers who are searching for products and services in their local area. In addition to marketing, Google Maps also display general business and brand information, like physical location, hours of operation, driving directions, as well as customer reviews.
Local Map SEO Services: This is what you need to know
If a company wants to execute its local maps SEO strategy properly, it must be listed on each search engine—that is, Google My Business, Yahoo!, or Bing Local business listings. At times, most companies have an already established GMB page, but they are not aware of it.
Because of this, you must conduct a comprehensive review of the web properties of business when embracing Google Maps marketing. One of the most important aspects of Google Maps optimization is claiming and verifying the ownership of the business GMB page. To do this, a business will need to complete these initial steps:
- Filling out all the important information, including address, hours of operation, contact information, as well as driving directions, among others.
- Tagging the GMB page with the relevant categories so that the listing can be well categorized.
- Adding optimized images and videos of the business.
- Executing a review generation strategy for the business to earn more 5-star ratings on GMB, as well as other web listings like Yelp, Bing Local, and others.
- Auditing and optimizing the citations to ensure that they are accurate and consistent.
What you should know about Google Maps marketing and optimization is that it’s a powerful aspect of search engine optimization, which plays an important role when it comes to growing your company or being outdone by your competitors.